Monday, April 23, 2018

"When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service fo your God" (November 27, 2017)

Dear Family and Friends,
We got to help the Jensen's put
up their Christmas tree!

The last few days since my last email have been pretty exciting. We still don't have a car but we're not letting that stop us. We have had some random acts of kindness, of God putting us where we needed to be, where we probably wouldn't have ended up with a car. 

Thanksgiving was so much fun! It was p-day which made it all the more better. We ate with the Jensen's, the family we live with here in Lakeville. The Sisters from the English Ward and Hno Leo came too, so it was so much fun! It was so comforting to enjoy a nice family dinner with people I love so much. 

On Saturday we are able to bike to a few places because the weather has been so nice and in the 50s the past few days. We're making the most of it until Minnesota winter hits.
Saturday night we helped the English sisters at a birthday party at the church for a 95 year old, Grandma Dorothy. They had a talent show, and a 4 year old counted to 95 for his talent and it was the cutest thing ever. 

Church on Sunday was amazing! We had 7 investigators come to church and almost all of our members! We ran out of space in the high council room where we have Sunday school because so many people showed up. 

Sunday night our Zone Leaders let us use their car while they had some meetings, so we finally got to go visit some people. We didn't have a lot of success, and we had 10 minutes before we needed to meet them to return the car. We stopped by one person, a referral we got way back in June when I first got here.We have stopped by so many times and we have never ever been able to find him home. But he was home! And he let us in and we shared a brief message and gave him the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment, and it was the coolest miracle! It has only taken 5 months for us to find him. 

Other news, sadly, it is my time to leave Lakeville :( President Barney told me on Saturday at interviews, so I knew at church yesterday. Since Hermana Hanson and I have been together for 3 transfers, we kind of figured it was coming, but it's not making it any easier. Our Branch president announced in Sacrament Meeting that I would be leaving after 6 months here, and invited me to go up and bear my testimony. Wow, that was really sad. But it was so beautiful to look out and see how much the branch has grown and how many people were there. And it was so hard to say goodbye, because I have so much love for all of those amazing people, and it breaks my heart to have to leave, but I'm so excited to get to go start a new journey in Minneapolis. And Hermana Hanson is going to be training! I am so excited for her, she is going to be amazing. 

Sorry this is so short. I hope you all had a marvelous Thanksgiving. And we are so excited to sharing the Light the World Initiative!! It's so amazing, you can all find it on mormon.org. In Mosiah 2:17, we learn that when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God, and I know that that service brings us more joy than we could possibly imagine. As we lose ourselves in the service of others, that is when we find ourselves and find true joy through Christ. Please go check out the Light the World page, there are suggestions for different ways to serve for the 25 days counting down to Christmas starting this Friday!!Let me know about any miracles you see, and I'll do the same :) 
Have a blessed week!! 

Happy Thanksgiving



Hno Lopez! One of the biggest Ute fans you will ever meet.


Familia Candia






Familia Montecillo
This Thanksgiving I am thankful for Oliver
 (I told him I was getting transferred and he
meowed really loud at me so I think
 that means he's really sad I'm leaving) 

Break during a marathon district meeting for interviews.
We're never gonna live this one down. 



No comments:

Post a Comment