Saturday, July 28, 2018

"Wrongs to make right, Truths to share, and Good to do" (July 23, 2018)


Buenos dias!! What a week! Everything is happening so fast and I can hardly keep my head straight, and the transfer is almost over. I feel like this roller coaster has just kept getting faster and faster and when it suddenly end it's gonna be a big surprise. 
So this week, I know many have long since stopped reading my emails, but that's ok! I still love you! I love writing my adventures for anyone who may want to hear, but mostly for my family, haha. So fun stuff, this week I learned how to make the perfect quesadilla. I thought I already had some pretty good skills, but a hispanic member taught us the real way and now I am ready to take on the world. Also this last week was the 49 year anniversary since we went to the moon! Don't forget to celebrate it!

Ok, now on to the real stuff. Like I said, this week has been insane! I have learned so much. We are teaching someone, Luz, who is so awesome. The Hermanas before were teaching her, then we hadn't had contact with her in the last few weeks. But this week we went over, and she gladly welcomed us in and told us her story, and what she thought about the church. She is really sick and can't work, and struggling to raise her kids. She told us how much she loves the missionaries coming and teaching her though, because it lifts her spirits. We talked about the Book of Mormon, and she told us how much she loves it, but said she always forgets to read it when we only come once a week, then asked "Hermanas, could you just come over here for a little bit every day to read with me so I don't forget?" She lives right by our apartment, so we happily said "Yes!" And have been able to visit Luz every day this week. Her progress has been insane!! She loves the Book of Mormon and told us on Saturday she knows it's true, because of how good she feels every time she reads it. It's been inspiring to see how much it has changed her and helped bring peace and harmony to her family. 

There is a less-active hermana we have been praying for help to get in with, and we have gone and knocked on their door when we know they're home because we can hear them inside, but they don't come to the door, and we were just praying that the Lord would provide a way because we felt we were doing all we could. Then this Thursday, there was a relief society activity at the church, and we were waiting to meet with a few members, sitting on the couches outside. There was an Hermano there, and we started talking with him, and lo and behold he is the husband and dad of the family we were trying to get in with! We had absolutely no idea who their family was or who we were even looking for, and he was right there waiting at the church for his son to get out of young mens. We got to know him and talk to him and set up a time to come visit their family. It was so cool how Heavenly Father lead us right to the people we needed to talk to. 

Missionary work is amazing!! I love every single minute, even the hard ones, especially the hard ones. The Lord does not cease to amaze me with miracles every day. I have loved being able to take some time to reflect on all the miracles I have seen, on all the people I have loved, on all the prayers I have said, and how all these things have brought me closer to God than I have ever been before in a way I never would have expected. 

Jeffrey R. Holland said,
"Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to change the world...We have wrongs to make right, truths to share, and good to do. In short we have a life of devoted discipleship to give in demonstrating our love of the Lord. We can't quit, and we can't go back. After an encounter with the living Son of the living God, nothing is ever again to be as it was before."

If that doesn't't get you fired up about sharing the gospel, I don't know what will. People we meet every day try to tell me that I'm wasting my time, and that people will never listen, and people will never change, and it would be best to give up and go get a good education or do something else that would be more useful for me. But it's not true! I know I still have wrongs to make right, truths to share, and good to do. No one could ever convince me otherwise, and I intend to spend all the time I have doing just that.

Have a blessed week!! 

Hermana Meredith

pics: Solutions to not have any music stands in our apartments, bike day! St. Paul pday trip to ice cream and to a butterfly garden! 





No comments:

Post a Comment