Monday, July 2, 2018

"Behold Thy Mother" (May 14, 2018)



Feliz dia de las madres!! Happy mothers day everyone! It was such a joy to get to talk to my family yesterday, and I hope you all got to get give your mothers a great big hug. 
We got to go to the temple on Thursday! It was such a treat, our whole zone got rides and were able to do a session together. It was peaceful and unifying, and it really helped all of us to be refreshed by the spirit we felt there. 

It has been a week of endings. Friday and Saturday we were trying to visit everyone we could so that Hermana Hopkins could meet them before we both leave, as well as giving her a crash course of the Area Book and taking notes on all the random knowledge we have in our heads about our time in this area. 
Hna Davis is getting ready to go home in the next couple of days, and I'm getting transferred back to North Minneapolis! I'm excited,  I spent 6 weeks there around Christmas time and I'm excited to go back and get to know the people there better and give it all I've got. It has been sad to say goodbye, I have really come to love the people here and have learned a lot, but I am looking forward to new adventures for the last 3 months.  

We've been doing this awesome dinner message with families with little kids the past couple of weeks. We talk about Alma and Amulek and how missionaries work together. Then we give them our area book map and tell have them pick one of our potential investigators they think we should go give a Book of Mormon to that week. They remember the name they picked then at church they get to follow up with us and see what happened. It has been INCREDIBLE! Almost everyone we have visited to do that has become a new investigator, and it has been the exact right time we needed to stop by, right when they got home from work or are able to talk to us, and the kids are always so excited to hear about it, and it has really been helping the primary get motivated about helping us do missionary work. 

I LOVE being a missionary. It is truly the greatest work I have ever been a part of, and I learn so many things each and every single day. Thank you for all the love and support! Sorry this one has been kind of short, but I'll get some more good ones for next week. 






1. Mothers day dinner with the Widman family and their cute dog, Bingley
2. Temple trip! (Above)
3. Mothers day
4. Our friend, Hno Armando, from Lakeville was in town and we got to visit him!!!
5. Lunch with President and Sister Ferrara from the mission presidency
6. feat. the young women of the Rochester 3rd Ward, love them with all my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment